Summer started off with a bang. But I mostly mean the cutting of Athena's bangs. That's right - her first haircut ever. We took her to a cute kid's place in the mall where she got to ride in a little airplane. She hated every single second and cried the entire time. I'm so glad we went to this particular place though because I'm sure they see that kind of ish all day long....
Our besties - the Schneemann's came to visit us in Wisconsin while we were there on vacation. We had an awesome time hanging out, laughing, being ourselves basically. Sarah is my main female squeeze. We've been friends for about 12 years now and although we've always lived in other states, we have been able to maintain an awesome friendship. Athena and her daughter Nathali also get along super well. They were so freaking cute playing dress up and swimming in the pool =)
FAMILY!! We got to see all of our brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and parents including a few cousins, aunts, and uncles. Athena had a fantabulous birthday party where she was very much spoiled and we got to hang out with my family for an entire 10 days. Ben, Rudi, and Noah came over a lot so there were plenty of shenanigans. I miss them all so much, all the time. There is an adorable picture of Athena and my mother floating around somewhere. It has mysteriously disappeared and I have one suspect.
There were a few hiking adventures to be had. Since I've been preggo all summer it's been disappointing not to do some more difficult climbs, but we did manage to hike a trail to a waterfall on Cougar Mountain, a trail on Tiger Mountain and another trail just south of Mukilteo called Meadowdale County Park. It's about a mile down to the Puget Sound. We went around 9am and it was still very foggy, quiet and gorgeous. Athena made a little friend right away, of course.
To top off the summer we went on a mini-vacation with some friends to Moclips, Washington. We stayed in an awesome beach house in a quiet town of 200. It was super peaceful and absolutely gorgeous. Athena loved playing in the sand and both Michael and I spent our mornings walking the empty beach soaking up the solitude and looking for shells and sand dollars. It was wonderful.
In addition to all this, there was plenty of swimming, bubbles, and berry picking. But, I'll save those for a separate post because they were THE bomb.





No comments:
Post a Comment