Athena was ecstatic to go to the airport and pick up Ah-Ah Leigh last Friday night! Ah-Ah of course, means Aunt in Athena speak. I'm not sure why she decided to shorten it up, but it was absolutely adorable all weekend.
We had an awesome time hanging out with Leigh. Friday night we just hung out at home, ate a beef roast and talked a lot. Saturday spent a little more than 4 hours in downtown Seattle. Michael and I hadn't gone down there all summer so it was a great change of pace for us. We took the light rail to Pike's Market and got a sweet treat at Piroshky Piroshky, bought some peaches, strawberries, fresh pasta, shirts and hats, ate lunch at our favorite Sunview Cafe, checked out the Seattle Art Museum and then headed back to the train. Michael and Leigh went to the Kubota Japanese Gardens while Athena and I took a nap. Saturday night we had a date night while Leigh babysat Athena. Score!!!
On Sunday we had a slow morning until Leigh and I spent three hours shopping and ate lunch at the mall. I haven't been able to shop by myself in a very long time and it was nice to go with Leigh and look for goodies for the girls. My favorite was the Disney store. I walked by it plenty of times, but never wanted to take Athena in for fear of a huge meltdown. But, that place rules. I have many ideas for future princess gifts. It was Tangled heaven.
Sunday night was topped off with grilled steak, fried potatoes and several hands of cards!








No comments:
Post a Comment