Thursday, August 30, 2012

Berries Galore




Last weekend we went to the Old Fishing Hole by the golf course.  It's a cute little pond for 14 and under kids to fish with a little trail all the way around it.  There are about 20 ducks that love to hang out and beg for food and TONS of wild blackberries growing along the trail.  Michael and Athena watched the ducks and threw rocks into the pond while I picked the blackberries.  It was such a beautiful morning and an excellent way to spend it!

Earlier in the summer we went blueberry picking with my mom's group friend, Erica and her two kids Kinsey and Cooper.  Kinsey is only a few months older than Athena so they had a good time picking the blueberries and seeing how many they could stuff in their mouths at once.




Late Spring we went strawberry picking with my friend Melissa and her two girls, Railey and Taylin.  This was the first and hardest berry picking adventure.  Athena stuffed her mouth OR ran off the entire time and I had to pick as fast as I could.  I did manage to fill the above box, but it was not very much fun.

We have made blueberry and blackberry jam so far and have a bunch of strawberries in the freezer waiting to be squished up as well.  As you can see below, Athena enjoyed the jam making process..







1 comment: