Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DIY Dresser Makeover










Look at this!!!!  It's my very first furniture makeover.  I worked on this sucker all weekend and it turned out really well - in my opinion.  It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it!

We've had the dresser for a few years since Michael's parents gave it to us.  I knew that it would eventually be Athena's dresser so I've been looking at some inspiration on how to update it and make it look cute in a little girl's room.

I decided to paint the outside of the dresser and the handles gloss white.  I also decided to leave the original stain work on the outside of the drawers but paint the insides white to brighten it up.  The patterned paper I found at The Paper Source.  It's bright and girly but not childish.  I used mod podge both underneath to adhere it to the drawers and on top to give it a sheen.

Voila!


4 comments:

  1. it turned out good! Love the mod podge paper idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! ...you can come redo my room anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny to see it white again. It started life in our house as white with alphabet block knobs on it. :)

    ReplyDelete